5 In-Demand Hard Skills in Marketing and Data Management
Hard skills basically refer to the learned abilities that are acquired through dedication, years of expertise and hardcore practice. When it comes to defining the essential hard skills in marketing and data management, there are a lot of areas to priorities.
A LinkedIn survey has identified these five quintessential hard skills every marketing and data science personnel must hone.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- UX Design
- Affiliate Marketing
So, let’s delve deeper and explore each of these areas to figure out their individual scopes, applications and methods of learning.
Also known as Machine Intelligence, AI refers to the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, to be precise, mostly by computers. In today’s world, where 72% of marketing and database executives rely on the applications of AI, you got to hone this skill thoroughly.
- You can always start off by completing a Kaggle competition. It would allow you to test your skills by solving the same problem solved by other engineers.
- One can always sign up for machine learning courses on digital platforms such as edX, LearnDataSci and Udemy.
- You can also learn Artificial Intelligence from other reputable academic platforms such as Learn with Google AI, Stanford University – Machine Learning and Nvidia – Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Computer Vision.
The very process of designing, deliverance and maintenance of cloud architecture on various digital platforms is considered to be critical for every organisation in today’s world. This marks the significance of cloud computing technologies. Talking of data management, the application of cloud computing technologies is undeniably appreciable. No wonder, 90% of companies these days are on the cloud.
So, you must not delay in acquiring this hard skill at the earliest and get the show running like a boss. Here are some recommended ways that will help you to learn the basics of cloud computing without hassle.
- One can sign up for easy digital platforms such as Amazon AWS Training, Coursera and edX. You can get the hang of the fundamentals of cloud computing at the comfort of your home.
- Get your concepts right. Focus on learning all the essential cloud computing concepts such as the pricing model, infrastructure, scalability of services and platforms.
- Develop extensive knowledge regarding the functionalities of SaaS and laaS.
It is also quite important for you to know how to go about the different cloud computing applications such as Google G Suite, Salesforce, Dropbox and Adobe Creative Cloud.
UX or User Experience refers to the process of manipulating user behaviour via desirability, usefulness and usability provided in the interaction with the particular product or service. Every business and data management entity needs to get the hang of the fundamentals of UX design. From assignment help forums to online retail stores; the user experience is a critical area of concern for every digital entity.
After all, almost every business operations are entirely based on the functionalities of the website and SEO-friendly content.
So, unless and until you are working on the aspect of user experience and make your business website user-friendly, achieving marketing goals will be difficult.
So, take note of the following points and master the art of UX designing like a real professional.
- First things first, you need to invest enough time in learning the key UX principles.
- These include meeting users’ need through UI friendly website designing, having a clear hierarchy, keeping things consistent, and prioritising usability first.
- You need to learn and understand the essentials of UX accessibility.
The entire world of marketing and database is surviving on the usability of website designing. So, you got to buckle up here and make the most of UX designing to keep up with the trend and corporate rat race out there.
Affiliate marketing refers to the process of earning a certain amount of commission that can be acquired by promoting others’ products or services. In today’s world, where influencer marketing is making its presence felt across various domains, affiliate marketing is on the same page as well. So, if you wish to bring your marketing expertise into play and utilise the potential of affiliate promotions, then you got to learn the tricks of the trade.
Well, here’s everything you need to know.
- Focus on your niche and evaluate your strength. It can be blogging, ad copywriting or preparing excellent press releases.
- You may also choose and find verified affiliate programs such as the Shopify Affiliate Program, Rakuten Marketing Affiliates and Leadpages Partner Program to sign up with.
- Make sure the idea behind launching your affiliate initiatives should be 100% original.
- One must not copy others’ ideas or use others’ marketing techniques and pass it off as their own.
- Deploy affiliate marketing strategies in such a way so that they can immediately convert clicks to sales.
- This should be the primary objective behind every affiliate marketing initiative.
Talking of database management and streamlining marketing initiatives, Blockchain is one of those hard skills you cannot afford to miss out. The overall usage of Blockchain in marketing and data is expected to hit the mark of 15.9 billion by the year 2023. This sums up the scenario that says Blockchain is not only the present, but also the future of marketing and database management.
Implement these ideas to hone your skills accordingly and never look back.
- Firstly, you must invest time in learning the basics of Blockchain, its fundamentals, and how to build all basic Blockchain powered applications.
- You can sign up for the Blockchain Theory 101 course on Udemy. It will provide you with a basic understanding of the technology and its current status in the industry.
- Being a marketer, if you want to get the hang of enterprise Blockchain then opt for the digital learning course on 101 Blockchains.
New technologies, trends and consumer behaviours are predicted to be the three crucial driving factors behind every marketing and data management endeavour in the near future. Thus, you got keep up with the trends and make your brand’s presence felt amid the crowd.
So, take note of each of the hard skills mentioned above, implement the expertise you are supposed to, and win over the corporate world like a real champ. After all, you got to walk that extra mile and put in efforts to make things work out in the longer run.