In case your bathroom or En Suite is looking old and tired, using grubby dull and grout, dated tiles, we’ve identified a simple switch which could have it looking fresh and inviting in next to no time.
Within our range of Easy Switches weblog posts, we’ll be taking a look at the more simple things that you can do to transform your bathroom. In this column, we’ll explain to you just how simple it is to spruce up your bathroom space with bathtub wall panels.
When choosing your bathroom wall Coverings, you’ll find lots of options you could choose. Nevertheless, in splash zones, just like the internal walls of your shower enclosure, the area above your bath and also the distance behind your tank, you will need an even more watertight alternative that provides better security.
Many people opt for tiles, as They offer you a very strong surface that’s impervious to water. But nowadays, many more individuals are choosing shower wall panels that can also be used right throughout the bathroom.
The advantages of shower Panels vs. tiles really are all clear to see:
- Quick and effortless installation–can be fitted around 6 times faster compared to tiles, without the need for a specialist tiler.
- Cost-effective–several shower wall panels charge less per square meter than tiles
- 100% watertight without the need for grout
- Easy to clean–an easy wipe with a cloth is all that’s needed
- Can be fitted along existing wall coverings like tiles without any necessity to remove your older tiles first
- Limitless stylish design options (which we will explore below)
- Lengthy guarantees–for added peace of mind
- Preparing on your shower wall panels
- Measure your walls
Whether you’re simply updating the inner walls of your shower enclosure or even working directly on the bathroom, you will need to be aware of how much space you’ll need to cover. Have a look at our guide about what to quantify your bathroom.
Choosing your shower panels
From a stylistic Viewpoint, There are hundreds of colors and designs you may choose from to reach your desired look. In VictoriaPlum.com, we stock a massive selection. Here’s a direct to our selection:
Orchard Shower wall panels
Made from 10mm rigid PVC, the Shower wall panels in Orchard Bathrooms are available in a range of simple yet fashionable designs, such as polished white and marble-effect. Ensure you get your Orchard installment kit and profiles to get a qualified installation.
Zenolite Plus oil wall panels
If You’re Looking to present Bold colors into your décor, Zenolite is a good option. Made out of acrylic, which includes 20 times the impact strength of glass, yet only half the weight, it offers a mirror reflection high gloss finish. Highly resistant to scratches and resistant to moisture. Stands up to harsh chemicals. Choose red, blue, green, black and white, along with color-matched profiles and end caps and an installation kit.
For this extra special Accession To your own bathroom, check out the magnificent shower wall panels available in the Louise Dear collection. Adding 4 of contemporary artist Louise Dear’s most famous paintings, you may enjoy your very own slice of artwork every time you shower or bathe.
For a coordinated look, you’ll locate a range of color-matched panels as part of the Artist Collection. They may even be utilized as standalone panels in the event that you are only seeking to incorporate a pop of color to your own interiors.
Prior to setup
Once you’ve picked your bathtub Wall panels and ordered them they will probably be carefully delivered by experienced couriers.
Just Before installation, it is strongly advised that you state your panels by laying them down level from the bathroom by which they will soon be fitted (or perhaps a similar environment) for a period of between 48–72 hours. Don’t break them in a angle against walls or between supporting structures.
How to match shower wall panels
In this informative article, we are using Orchard wall panels and installation kit. Installation instructions can vary slightly according to which design and brand you select. Thus, always consult with the instruction manual when installing your product.
The setup kit should include fitting guide, dual-purpose clear adhesive sealant, and a roster of foam tape, sanding pad, tile spacers and a silicone finishing tool.
You will also need:
- Here’s how to match shower Panels on your bathroom
- Measure the region where the wall panels are fitted. This consists of both vertically and horizontally. Wall panels may be fitted over multiple surfaces, like tiles and plaster board.
- Take your weapon and place it flat onto supports with the front facing upwards, then mark out the cutting edge lines on the board. Strips of masking tape can help to protect the borders while cutting on the panels down to the necessary size. Bear in mind, to utilize the safety goggles when applying the following tools. We are going to use the chrome trims to provide a great clean finish to our borders. So, we’re removing the tongue and groove join in both sides of this panel.
- Take a sanding pad and run this along all the cut borders. This will make a smooth finish and also clear away any debris. Now, flip the panel over and apply the sanding pad to rough up the surface. This will enable the sealant to produce a stronger bond.
- To match panels together, we are employing the corner trim piece. Add a tiny bead of sealant to the wall and place the corner piece into position. Lay tile spacers underneath the positioning of this wall panel. This will allow for sealant to be added later. We’re now prepared to use the sealant into the back side of this wall socket.
- Begin by placing 3 parallel strips of foam tape over the whole length of the plank. Then apply the sealant, first with a thin line down side, then zig-zag the surface and bottom for increased coverage. Finish with large circles of sealant, to make certain its spread equally.
- Now we will suit the end cut piece to the board. Insert some sealant into the inside the trim, as well as the edge of the wall panel. Subsequently position the trim in position. After adding some sealant into the corner trim piece, take out the backing layer from the foam tape.
- Lift the panel in position and slide into the corner piece at an angle. This prevents the tape from sticking into the wall until the panel is at the right position.
- Repeat the process with all the residual panels ensuring they have been correctly positioned before trapping down firmly. If you want a less visible join, you’ll be able to use the groove and tongue unites. By adding a few masking tape here, we can keep a fine, neat finish when applying the sealant.
- Slide in to place and remove the tape. Finish the combine by conducting the silicone finishing tool along the groove.
- Use the identical technique when sealing the panels to the floor. A small sealant and you are done.
Enjoy your brand new bathroom look
If you need further inspiration, Have a look at more wall panel fashions on our website, such as the one pictured below.