Best plans are those which are made right on spot. Friend reunion and plan are made up to travel for some camping outdoor. So, you must have gadgets with you to avoid embarrassment or to become a lame excuse for a long-awaited camping trip. One of the important gadgets everyone must have while on an outdoor trip is a hunting knife which can be useful in situations like hunting, fishing, or the camp setup.
A good quality knife is a must if you want to use it for the long term and in harsh circumstances. In those situations, a well all-around knife can protect you against unavoidable situations and can help save the day.
We presented here the best possible knives which can be useful in your next road or camping trip.
Buck Knives 0119 Special Fixed Blade Knife with Leather Sheath
Making its way in these hunting knife reviews, Buck has proven itself yet again of its remarkable quality that makes it one of the leading brands in the cutlery industry. This fixed blade hunting knife has these outstanding features:
- Length of a knife is at 10-1/2 inches
- Weighs 7.5 ounces
- Comes with a sheath made of genuine leather
- Handle material is Cocobola Dymondwood, equipped with solid brass pommel
- Clip blade made of 6-inc 420 HC steel
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in the U.S.A
Buck stands by its name when it designed and created this top-selling hunting knife that is perfect for several purposes. Known as a utilitarian and solid knife, you can expect this product to last for several decades. Although it may seem a bit too long or big for some, its overall design is simply what a classic hunting knife exudes. The leather sheath is also thick and durable, and it keeps your knife safe and secure from harsh external elements.
- For a knife this big, you will like how relatively lightweight it is at 7.5 ounces. This makes it hassle-free for you to carry the knife around with you whenever you go outdoors. Just pack it in your backpack while having the knife securely nestled in its sheath.
- Built to last
- Several product users rave about the durability of this knife – from the blade to its sheath. Some people have owned this knife for 40 years (and counting), so you can expect total satisfaction from your purchase that will stand the test of time.
- Wear marks caused by the rivets in the sheath
- The sheath comes with two rivets that hold the belt loop. Unfortunately, the top rivet tends to rub against the handle, which can leave a wear mark on this part. To solve this problem, though, you can remove this rivet and use a small piece of leather lace.
- Rough ground edge on the blade
- Although the blade is perfectly sharp and solid, the rough edge can be a bit of a concern. You can polish the edge by using emery, stones, and diamond-sharpener. This way, you will no longer have to deal with the roughness of the edge.
After looking into both positive and negative aspects of this product, you can still say that it gives a bang on the buck. With a solid and sturdy quality that you can vouch on for years, this hunting knife is a practical investment worth making.
Ontario Black Bird SK-5 Knife w/ Sheath
Another hunting knife by Ontario makes it to this list of highly recommended cutting knives for your outdoor expedition. It is made of 1095 cro van steel, which is renowned for its top-of-the-line toughness, sharpness, and ability to resist corrosion. Although it may appear simple and basic for a hunting knife, this product will not disappoint because of its functionality and ease of use. Key features of the knife include the following:
- Plain edge blade measuring 5 inches
- The total length of the knife is 10 inches (open) or 4.06 inches (closed)
- Blade made of 1095 cro van steel
- Made in the U.S.A
- Comfortable and firm grip
The SK-5 Blackbird by Ontario was the brainchild of the designer Paul Shelter. His main purpose when he came up with the design was to keep it simple, yet functional and solid at the same time. Hence, this product came to be, which is exactly what the designer had in mind. With a 0.13-inch thick blade that comes with a full-taper grind, this knife does well in various outdoor tasks that require a dependable cutting tool. Moreover, the knife tang keeps the handle stable and secure, as it is held with stainless steel and note-worthy Allen screws. With a MOLLE compatible sheath equipped with a belt loop that comes with this product, you are ready to go on your trip with this excellent hunting knife.
- Ultra-sharp blade
- As this product is made for hunting and outdoor purposes, you will be pleased to find the remarkable sharpness of the blade. It is made of the finest material that is corrosion-resistant, easy to maintain, and naturally sharp for all your cutting needs.
- Good quality sheath
- The sheath is quite impressive as it is compact and light. Made of durable material, it is capable of keeping your knife secure and well-protected from harsh elements. It can even drain water efficiently, which prevents moisture from getting into the blade.
- As far as customer reviews are concerned, there is only one aspect about this knife that may qualify as a limitation (although it does not apply in everyone’s case). The knife is a bit large, which makes it slightly heavier than your regular cutting tool. Nevertheless, it is just what you need when it comes to performing a wide range of functions when you go hiking, hunting, fishing, or camping. In the end, the site may not matter for the numerous purposes this tool serves.
If you are more interested in a highly functional, solid, and large knife for your trip to the outdoors, this product is highly recommended. It does the job as it should, the sheath is durable, and the blade is beyond spectacular.