Endovenous Laser Treatment, more commonly abbreviated as EVLT, is a medical procedure to help treat varicose veins. Varicose veins can be dangerous as the patient may experience severe pain. EVLT is an effective and minimally invasive way to treat this condition. If you are worried you may be suffering from varicose veins, Advanced Vein Therapy is the place for you.
Here is everything you need to know about EVLT.
What are Varicose Veins?
Veins carry blood from the heart to deliver oxygen to all parts of your body. Veins consist of valves which open and close to ensure the blood is flowing in the right direction. However, these valves may break and cause varicose veins. In this condition, the blood cannot exit the vein and remains there. The vein then expands and twists into a knot, preventing it from effectively circulating blood.
You can self-diagnose varicose veins by their appearance. They appear blue or purple in color and have a cord-like appearance. This condition usually occurs in the legs, farthest from the heart. The symptoms may include itching, tiredness, pain, bleeding and even skin ulcers. The patient must seek help immediately to prevent further damage.
Some people may also feel embarrassed of the appearance of varicose veins. They too can contact EVLT clinics to help rectify this problem.
What is EVLT?
EVLT involves the use of a thin fiber which is inserted into the affected vein and a wave of light which delivers light energy into the vein. The procedure helps in sealing the vein, immediately rerouting the blood to healthier veins. As time passes by, the affected vein is absorbed into the tissue and disappears over time.
Why You Should Choose EVLT
There are many advantages of EVLT. These include the following:
- Not Time Consuming: A typical EVLT session lasts only an hour. The patient can resume all activities immediately. While patients have to follow a few precautions, the recovery process is not tedious.
- No Hospital: The individual also does not need to be admitted to a hospital. In the following week, a doctor will perform an ultrasound on the affected body part to ensure there are no clots.
- Minimally Invasive: The procedure requires only one small incision, so the patient need not worry about scars. It is a more suitable alternative if the patient does not want any conventional surgery.
- High Success Rate: There is a low chance for varicose veins to reoccur after EVLT. The success rate of EVLT procedures stands high at 98%.
- Insurance Plans: Most EVLT treatments are covered by insurance plans so don’t let money be a factor in seeking help.
Additionally, the patient does not need to be put under anesthesia for the procedure. EVLT is a relatively new technology but it is believed that it will soon become the norm. Many people now prefer it over conventional surgery. Advanced Vein Therapy in Boise ensures that you receive the highest level of care and treatment.