The quality of education, standards of learning and knowledge retention rates among students are largely dependent on the type of infrastructural facilities they are getting. For example, in today’s world, where academic advancements have taken place in the form of video learning, VR/AR powered classroom teaching and the likes; mere blackboards won’t serve the purpose. Students are smarter than ever before. The internet has paved multiple avenues for them. Most students are now of the opinion that knowledge cannot be limited to the confined walls of traditional classrooms.
There’s more to it. The ever-increasing approach to technology has not only changed the face of education, but it has also changed the perspectives of students towards seeking education. They demand more opportunities and advanced platforms where learning is actually fun and fulfilling from every possible aspect. Not only for students, but the proper infrastructure is equally beneficial for educators.
To proceed further with the topic, let’s take a look at the five-strong grounds that define the true credibility of infrastructure in gaming up the quality of education worldwide.
Here you go!
Organised infrastructure leads to well-stocked libraries
There’s no education without books, and schools without libraries. Also to be noted, there’s no substitute for a well-stocked library. Only properly planned infrastructure can help school/college authorities establish libraries worth visiting, in the following ways.
- If you have an academically advanced infrastructure that facilitates regular maintenance and updating of the latest reads, students will never lag behind.
- They will get to access the latest journals, novels, textual documentaries, short stories and the likes.
- In addition to it, digital libraries get a special mention when it comes to infrastructural growth.
- Digitally advanced libraries will simply facelift the conventional libraries and make it more feasible for students to access online platforms on the go.
It will help students to access and read more books and accumulate knowledge beyond classroom teachings, thus raising the quality of education in its truest sense.
Advanced auditoriums make things more favourable
Schools and colleges with auditoriums that facilitate advancements in the form of light and audiovisual systems and spacious seating arrangements are benefited. Here’s how
- They are often considered prestigious in terms of carrying out important seminars.
- Arranging inter-school competitions and inviting guest faculties to be a part of it get easier to execute.
- With ample seating capacity, you don’t need to worry about inviting parents to be a part of annual functions and other prestigious events.
- This will only encourage students and coordinators to arrange more of such events and academic writing seminars often.
As a result, with proper interaction and knowledge sharing platforms being facilitated for students, the standard of education will surely go one step up in an effective manner.
Updated laboratories promote substantial learning
Every structured school and college has laboratories. But that’s not the point. What matters is the fact whether those academic institutions are at par with the latest advancements. Unless the labs are updated and maintained from time to time, getting the hang of many practical experiments, and important lessons will always be a challenge for students.
Here are the benefits well-updated and advanced laboratories have to offer.
- Advanced science labs in schools and colleges allow students to interact seamlessly and learn from the data and every other sample specimen at disposal.
- They get a first-hand learning experience by being a part of various crucial experiments by performing them on their own.
- Latest lab equipment such as a pipette, beaker, test tubes, authorised alcohol burner and the likes are help students perform all critical experiments without hassle.
- Well-designed laboratories not only make convoluted science experiments and practical lessons fun, but they also help students achieve satisfactory assignment
The math is simple. If you have the right resources to distribute among young learners, they will certainly harness their potential by all means.
Playgrounds and sports equipments are equally beneficial
The quality of education and learning cannot be gauged solely on the basis of report cards and academic performance. Physical education also plays a crucial role here. All school/college playground infrastructures and sports equipment need to be updated and maintained from time to time. This is essential when it comes to fostering physical education and backing up a physically fit generation,
Here are the benefits of maintaining structured playgrounds, advanced sports equipment and physical training modules within institutional premises.
- Improves physical health and psychological balance among students.
- Since physical education involves active interaction and participation among students, they get to develop social skills such as teamwork, managerial proficiency and more.
- Large playgrounds allow for ample space to play different types of sports such as basketball, volleyball, soccer and the likes.
- Games of basketball or rugby teach students how to face sudden obstacles and overcome them creatively with proper implementation of smart game plans.
In a world where adult competency and quick decision making skills are important to carry out our daily life activities, playgrounds with latest sports equipment are certainly beneficial.
Good infrastructure builds motivation for teachers
This is yet another reason that justifies why infrastructural advancements improve the quality of education. An evidence of research and studies suggests that teachers in schools and colleges with good infrastructure have 10% less absenteeism than teachers in institutions with poor infrastructure.
Would you like to work in an office where the air conditioners don’t work properly, or the laptops tend to shut down every hour? Same goes for the educators.
They would certainly lose motivation if there’s deficient infrastructure. As a consequence, it will bring a direct impact on the quality of education. Well-structured educational facilities motivate teachers in the following manner.
- Proper infrastructural facilities ensure the availability of all important academic tools such as the latest green board, advanced projectors, visual-audio aids and more.
- This will motivate teachers to utilise technological advancements while managing a class of 50+ students.
- For example, if teachers are provided with digitised notepads and other platforms to organise, track and maintain class attendance, then the burden of paperwork will be lessened.
- This will motivate them to invest more quality time in carrying out class lessons without hassle.
All these, collectively, will bring a positive impact on the quality of education and help academic institutes across the world tread towards a newer, more advanced tomorrow. After all, education is an indomitable weapon which has great potential to lead a nation and frame its progress. So, make sure, we don’t leave any stone unturned to oil and maintain this weapon of mass enlightenment by all means.